Monday, February 7, 2011

The Faith of a Child

Today, I sat down at the table to eat lunch with my students. The girl across from me put her elbows on the table and clasped her hands together. Then, she tilted her head down on her hands. She said, "Thank you Lord for this food, in Jesus Name Amen." It was short and to the point but it filled my heart with joy. The Bible talks about having the faith of a child, but today I witnessed the boldness of a child. A child who knew no different. In her mind, when you sit down to eat, you pray and give God thanks. She didn't think about what people would think of her. She wasn't insecure about saying the wrong words. I doubt it ever crossed her mind that "you shouldn't pray in school." I don't even know if she thought about just praying to herself in her head. As an adult, I saw it as a bold move. But in her mind, she didn't think twice about it. Today I was blessed by seeing Christ in one of my students. I pray she never looses that innocent faith. If she's teased I pray she'll stand strong and continue to display the boldness she showed today. I pray that I can learn from her 5 year old faith. I pray that God will continue to use her as an encouragement to me. Whoever knew that something as simple as a child's prayer would affect me so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment